Thursday, October 27, 2011

About the Instructor- final version



Hi dear practical writers! I suppose this is a busy week for you all and since nobody else has given me new feedback, I decided to post my final version based on your previous suggestions and questions. Notice that the difference between this final version and the 2nd version is the fact that I used connectors to link the ideas of my paragraph. The ideas flow much better! This is something you have to consider when writing your own paragraphs!


I'm Vinicius Lemos and I work at Casa Thomas Jefferson. I have been an English teacher for 16 years, 10 of which at Casa Thomas Jefferson. By the way, I work at the Sudoeste Branch and I teach children, teenagers and adults as well. This is the 4th online course I teach and I like trying out innovative teaching and learning practices. I learned English the English I know at Casa Thomas Jefferson. In fact, I started when I was only 11 years old. In addition, I lived in North Dakota as an exchange student from 1993 to 1994. I must say it was one of the greatest experiences in my life. This picture was taken last year on trip to New York City, one of my favorite spots on Earth. Moreover, I love cold weather, so no better place to be during my vacation. Traveling, as a matter of fact, is probably my favorite hobby.I have visited some countries in South America, like Argentina,Peru, Chile and Uruguay and this is one of the reasons why I am studying Spanish. I want to travel and practice Spanish on future adventures. How about you, do you like visiting different places like I do?


Now, it`s time for me to know a bit more about you all! I`m very curious to learn more things about everyone! Use my paragraph as a model and upload your own to our course platform. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Narika said...

Hi Vinicius,

Nice to see that, like me, you like what you do: teaching. I'm also a teacher for children, teenagers and adults... They are all different environment enriched by people, aren't they?

(Well, just a question: I uploaded my writing but I'm not sure if it was right into the format...)

Anonymous said...

Hi Vinicius
Nice to be in your class. I think is interesting to add some more information in your introduction, such as:
- What university did you graduate?
- Do you have plans to study abroad?
See you
Neusa

Neusa Brasilina Vieira said...

Hi
This is just a check...